Well it's the first day of the summer term tomorrow. I can't wait to see everyone and find out of what they have been up to. Hope all of the children have had a great break from school and are ready for the long term ahead.
A few quick points about the week ahead:
- Please remember that new Breakfast Club changes come in to effect from tomorrow. The Early Breakfast Club session (child care) will cost £1.50 per day. Please complete the form that was sent home and return it to school this week along with payment. Pupils MUST now enter through the school hall unless parents remain with them until 8.45am. http://www.ysgolyllan.co.uk/early-breakfast-club.html
- FOOTBALL with Nev begins tomorrow. All other clubs start this week.
- There will be an information session tomorrow for parents of pupils going to Nant BH this year. It will start at 3.20pm. Please ensure that outstanding payment and consent forms are returned to the school office asap.
What else is coming up?
- Next weekend, families are invited to join us at Whitford Church for the Licensing Service for our new Reverend. Reverend Lorraine will be officially welcomed by Bishop Gregory. The service takes place at 3.30pm on Sunday 17th April and there will be refreshments afterwards in the school hall.
- During the week beginning Tuesday 3rd May, all children from Year 2 to Year 6 will take part in the Welsh National Tests. The following link provides information explaining what the national tests will involve and how the results will be reported.
If you have any further questions please get in touch with the school office.
- I'll be running a half marathon on Sunday 15th May. A huge thank you to the parents and pupils who have already sponsored me for the Chester Half Marathon. It is very much appreciated and the money raised will go to two worthy causes - Cancer Research and the Friends of the School (and ultimately, your children). Please take the time to visit this page if you are able to do so.
I hope that you all received the newsletter at the end of last term. It was emailed to parents recently but it only reached 72 emails. Again, please ensure that you contact the school office with up-to-date email addresses and phone numbers.
See you all tomorrow